Introduction: Who we are and what we do best
David Wright Associates commenced trading in 1993 and has provided professional services – principally to the construction industry – in the following areas:
- CDM Coordinator (The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007)
- Health and Safety Advisors
- ISO 9001:Quality Management Systems Consultancy
- ISO 14001: Environmental Management Systems Consultancy
- Integrated Management Systems
- Business Development / Business Growth Consultancy
- Project Management
We provide experienced professional CDM Coordinator services – advice and support for clients, building owners, contractors and other professionals within the building team.
Health and Safety Advisors
In addition to providing CDM Coordinator services we regularly carry out and provide:
- Health + safety audits
- Full health + safety management systems for business
- Staff health and safety training in assessing risks and preparing method statements
- COSHH and risk assessments
- Health + safety plans
- Advice and support on health + safety issues
- “Competent persons” services in respect of the Management of Health + Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Assessments of “competence and resources” of designers, contractors and subcontractors
- Regular on-site health + safety inspections and reports
ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
We have been providing specialist consultancy advice and support for a number of companies who have benefitted from the design and implementation of bespoke management systems, which have met the requirements of the international management standard ISO 9001:2000.
ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
In addition to providing bespoke Quality Management Systems, we can also provide specialist consultancy advice and support for companies wishing to meet the requirements of the international management standard for Environmental Management.
Asbestos Management Plans
We can provide Asbestos Management Plans for projects that fall under The Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations (2002), which states that all duty holders with asbestos or presumed asbestos present in their premises must have an Asbestos Management Plan in place.
Integrated Management Systems
We can also provide consultancy advice and support for companies who may be considering the integration / addition of health and safety, quality and environment management systems.
Our Construction Expertise….
David Wright has been working in the construction industry since the 1970’s both as a local contractor and specialist subcontractor.
He has had broad experience working as a contractor and latterly as a CDM2007 Coordinator on a range of projects throughout the UK including:-
- Prestige offices
- Retail office units
- Housing Associations
- Commercial housing
- Public buildings
- Hospitals and medical buildings
- Industrial buildings
- Listed buildings
- Extensions and new works
- Leisure facilities
Project values range from £20,000 to £20,000,000
Nationally recognised industry standards for health and safety
We can also assist with the application and renewal process for the following industry standard schemes:
- CHAS – Contractors Health & Safety Assessment Scheme
- Construction Line
Business growth and development
David Wright worked for a number of years as an independent advisor to small businesses through the local Business Link during which time he assisted over 110 companies with aspects of quality management, health and safety, environmental management, business growth and development.
We can provide experienced project management in the construction sector for projects up to £5million in value.
Waste Management Plans
Clients who commission construction projects that currently cost more than £300,000.00 have to ensure that a waste management plan is provided by their contractor.
We have experience in providing and managing site waste management plans for contractors.
Site Traffic Management Plans
We can provide specific site traffic management plans for construction projects where these are required as a condition of a Planning Consent by the Local Authority.